• Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. If you own a betting site you can advertise it in Betting picks or Personal Threads(But to post a link a user should have at least 3 posts)

England Premier League Week 16 Leicester City vs Tottenham Preview 8 December 2018

spkutano

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Leicester City vs Tottenham Preview:

Possible starting lineups:

Leicester City:
Schmeichel; Pereira, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell; Mendy, Ndidi; Albrighton, Maddison, Gray; Iheanacho

Tottenham:
Lloris; Aurier, Foyth, Vertonghen, Rose; Sissoko, Winks; Moura, Dele Alli, Son; Harry Kane

Leicester City are in the middle of the table with 22 points. I believe the fans are satisfied, even they want to see the club fighting for Champions League spots. Nevertheless, the Foxes are just one point adrift of sixth-placed Everton, so I think UEFA Europe League spots are the maximum for the actual squad. They are in solid form at the moment. Leicester City are unbeaten on the last six matches in the Premier League. Manager Claude Puel is doing an excellent job and he is most deserved for this season's results. They have gone six league games without loss for the first time since May 2016 when they won the Premier League title under Claudio Ranieri. Last weekend they beat Watford with 2:0, while on Wednesday played an 1:1 draw with Fulham. It was an interesting meeting between Leicester players and their former manager Ranieri, now at Fulham. James Maddison is in excellent form and he has scored in the last two matches. Nevertheless, the next period will be crucial for the club's ambitions. Leicester City must play with Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City before the end of 2018 and it is clear they have a tough schedule. Puel has some injury worries ahead of this match, as Matty James, Jamie Vardy, Harry Maguire and Rachid Ghezzal are rated as doubtful. Jonny Evans and Daniel Amartey are definitely sidelined.

Tottenham are on the third place with 33 points. The Spurs have two points advantage in front of Chelsea and Arsenal. They are still the only club in the Premier League without a single draw, with a record of eleven victories and four losses. Tottenham have gone 19 league matches without a draw since April. The actual form is mixed, they have one win and one defeat in the last two rounds. The defeat was suffered last Sunday and it was particularly painful - Tottenham lost the North London derby with Arsenal. However, manager Mauricio Pochettino found a way to restore the players confidence and they beat Southampton with 3:1 on Wednesday. Harry Kane, Lucas Moura and Son Heung-min scored the goals for the Spurs. This period is very productive for Kane - he has scored 19 Premier League goals in December fixtures, making it his most prolific month. Christian Eriksen should also be mentioned. The Danish international has provided at least one assist in each of his last three league matches and it's the first time he has done so within a single campaign since April 2016. For this match Pochettino will be missing five players as Vincent Janssen, Mousa Dembele, Davinson Sanchez, Victor Wanyama and Erik Lamela are all injured. Jan Vertonghen is available after serving a one-game suspension against Southampton. Finally, Kieran Trippier is rated as doubtful.

Leicester are unbeaten on the last six matches, however their opponents were Fulham, Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Cardiff and West Ham. It is clear Tottenham are class above any of these six teams. In addition, Harry Kane 'love' to play against the Foxes. He has scored 13 goals in 11 appearances against Leicester City in all competitions, more than versus any other club. Seven of those 13 goals have come in the three most recent fixtures. I think Tottenham will win at King Power Stadium.

Leicester City vs Tottenham Pick: Away win

Writer

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
URL

Possible starting lineups:

Leicester City:
Schmeichel; Pereira, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell; Mendy, Ndidi; Albrighton, Maddison, Gray; Iheanacho

Tottenham:
Lloris; Aurier, Foyth, Vertonghen, Rose; Sissoko, Winks; Moura, Dele Alli, Son; Harry Kane

Leicester City are in the middle of the table with 22 points. I believe the fans are satisfied, even they want to see the club fighting for Champions League spots. Nevertheless, the Foxes are just one point adrift of sixth-placed Everton, so I think UEFA Europe League spots are the maximum for the actual squad. They are in solid form at the moment. Leicester City are unbeaten on the last six matches in the Premier League. Manager Claude Puel is doing an excellent job and he is most deserved for this season's results. They have gone six league games without loss for the first time since May 2016 when they won the Premier League title under Claudio Ranieri. Last weekend they beat Watford with 2:0, while on Wednesday played an 1:1 draw with Fulham. It was an interesting meeting between Leicester players and their former manager Ranieri, now at Fulham. James Maddison is in excellent form and he has scored in the last two matches. Nevertheless, the next period will be crucial for the club's ambitions. Leicester City must play with Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City before the end of 2018 and it is clear they have a tough schedule. Puel has some injury worries ahead of this match, as Matty James, Jamie Vardy, Harry Maguire and Rachid Ghezzal are rated as doubtful. Jonny Evans and Daniel Amartey are definitely sidelined.

Tottenham are on the third place with 33 points. The Spurs have two points advantage in front of Chelsea and Arsenal. They are still the only club in the Premier League without a single draw, with a record of eleven victories and four losses. Tottenham have gone 19 league matches without a draw since April. The actual form is mixed, they have one win and one defeat in the last two rounds. The defeat was suffered last Sunday and it was particularly painful - Tottenham lost the North London derby with Arsenal. However, manager Mauricio Pochettino found a way to restore the players confidence and they beat Southampton with 3:1 on Wednesday. Harry Kane, Lucas Moura and Son Heung-min scored the goals for the Spurs. This period is very productive for Kane - he has scored 19 Premier League goals in December fixtures, making it his most prolific month. Christian Eriksen should also be mentioned. The Danish international has provided at least one assist in each of his last three league matches and it's the first time he has done so within a single campaign since April 2016. For this match Pochettino will be missing five players as Vincent Janssen, Mousa Dembele, Davinson Sanchez, Victor Wanyama and Erik Lamela are all injured. Jan Vertonghen is available after serving a one-game suspension against Southampton. Finally, Kieran Trippier is rated as doubtful.

Leicester are unbeaten on the last six matches, however their opponents were Fulham, Watford, Brighton, Burnley, Cardiff and West Ham. It is clear Tottenham are class above any of these six teams. In addition, Harry Kane 'love' to play against the Foxes. He has scored 13 goals in 11 appearances against Leicester City in all competitions, more than versus any other club. Seven of those 13 goals have come in the three most recent fixtures. I think Tottenham will win at King Power Stadium.

Leicester City vs Tottenham Pick: Away win
Tottenham have a very important match against Barca away for three days in the Champions League.

spkutano

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
I know, but I believe the key players like Harry Kane and Dele Alli will star here. Let's see.

Writer

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
URL
I know, but I believe the key players like Harry Kane and Dele Alli will star here. Let's see.
No doubt, I agree. Tottenham is a big favorite in this match. And they will go to victory. But I do not know what their mission is. They want to stay among 4 teams at the top of the table in EPL. They have the capacity very serious. I am only concerned about Tottenham, because I can not make an estimate whether CL is important to them. But as we all know, EPL is stronger than CL. So, do not worry, this is a logical decision. Although, the ball, but not only the ball than bookmakers, are very unpredictable.

spkutano

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
No doubt, I agree. Tottenham is a big favorite in this match. And they will go to victory. But I do not know what their mission is. They want to stay among 4 teams at the top of the table in EPL. They have the capacity very serious. I am only concerned about Tottenham, because I can not make an estimate whether CL is important to them. But as we all know, EPL is stronger than CL. So, do not worry, this is a logical decision. Although, the ball, but not only the ball than bookmakers, are very unpredictable.
Agree, the ball is very unpredictable. In addition, there is no easy opponents in the Premier League.