• Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. If you own a betting site you can advertise it in Betting picks or Personal Threads(But to post a link a user should have at least 3 posts)

Australian Open....

okosh

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Just started this morning in Melbourne....

Heads up to all punters....
It's hot in Melbourne today...35C/95F....Worse tomorrow(Tuesday)...
Keep this in mind when betting....

Betfair has a free $5 matched bet on offer for the tournament(might be only for Aussies)....

So who will win??....
Fed is as expected the favorite...Next is Murry...Hewitt is 200-1...He faces Nadal(5-1) in 4th round if he gets there....

Here is my pic....

aussieopenbet.jpg

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Tough one to predict the winner, but tonight there will be some $$$ matches. Its hard to post predictions cause I will bet live but I will try to post something. I think to stay whole night and morning, Im gonna buy a 2 L coca cola and enjoy the betting.

Im watching Federer playing right now with Seppi, he will finish him in no time it seems.
Hes in good form but what will happen when he faces real opponent ?

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Monday
Okay, Here are some bets that I put before the start of the matches

Gimeno-Traver over Karlovic Lay 1.14 at Betfair
Karlovic is never good in Grand Slams, he plays tough opponent and the extreme heat will not be good for so tall person like Ivo. Gimeno- Traver played a good match against Muller at New Zealand last week.
1.14 for Karlovic are not the true odds.

Attachments

• my australlian open bet.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 506

okosh

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Fans wilt as pros steam at the Australian Tennis Open
Article from: Herald Sun

January 20, 2009 12:00am

PLAYERS steamed and fans wilted as sizzling temperature took its toll on the first day of a sunburnt Australian Open.

The mercury crept into the high 40s on centre court and dozens of spectators succumbed to the scorcher.

One heat-stressed woman was carried out of Rod Laver Arena, a cold wrap on her forehead, paramedics by her side. Others were treated around the park, sick or faint in the demanding conditions.

St John Ambulance crews treated almost 100 patrons yesterday, mostly for heat stress, blisters and sunburn.

Fans are being warned to cover up for the scorching conditions ahead.
Sunscreen, hats and loose, cool clothing, along with water, not alcohol, are musts to beat the heat.

And while spectators could find some relief, it was tough going for players belting it out on court.

Many resorted to anything they could to help keep their cool. Reigning champ Novak Djokovic held an ice bag on his head during his breaks while women's No. 1 Jelena Jankovic had bags of ice from her drinks chest under both shoes to cool her feet.

Melbourne Park favourite, Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis, took off his shirt and poured cold water over his head.

He said the conditions were among the toughest he had ever endured. "The sun, the sun, the sun, it's just very strong. Just even being out there, you cannot breathe," he said. "I just want to, you know, puke."

A top temperature of 33C forecast on Sunday for yesterday was later lifted to 35C. But the mercury just kept climbing yesterday, reaching 37.1C just before 5pm.

Worse could be in store today. The weather bureau predicts a top of 37C, with a high UV rating and no relief until a cool change later in the afternoon.

Tournament officials kept a close eye on the thermometer yesterday but stopped short of enforcing the extreme heat policy, which suspends play on all but the indoor courts when the mercury soars to unsafe levels.

Some spectators turned to ice cold beer to deal with the conditions, while fans lining up outside the popular Garnier World marquee took shelter under a sun shade as they waited for a massage, hair style or makeover.

Garnier spokeswoman Lesley McGrath said the revamped marquee offered welcome relief from the rays.

"In here girls can keep their cool while watching the tennis," she said.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Great...

Here is something nice I found live.

Andrei Pavel + 11.5 against Murray.
I cant see someone losing with so much even to Murray.

okosh

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
If you betting live then it's 11.30AM now(Tuesday).....Keep this in mind when betting as will effect the results cos of the heat...

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for the advice, I keep that in mind. I think it will be good for my Karlovic lay

okosh

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Leyton Hewitt can now retire...We have his replacement ready :mrgreen:
Tomic becomes youngest-ever winner at Australian Open
January 19th, 2009 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS - Send to a friend:

Melbourne, Jan 19 (DPA) Reigning junior champion Bernard Tomic proved himself a rising force at the senior level as a first-round victory Monday made him the youngest male winner of a match at the Australian Open.The 16-year-old whose controversial father has been in trouble with Tennis Australia for outbursts during matches, showed mature form in his first Grand Slam with a 7-6 (7-5), 1-6, 7-6 (7-5), 7-6 (8-6) first-round win over 73rd-ranked Italian Potito Starace.

“It’s a dream come true to win a first round in my first Grand Slam,” said Tomic. “I’m just thrilled that I could pull off a win today. With the crowd behind me, it was an unbelievable experience.”

Aged 16 years 89 days, Tomic is 94 days younger than fellow Australian Todd Woodbridge was when he beat American John Letts in the opening round at Melbourne Park in 1988.

Tomic recovered from breaks in the third and fourth sets for the spectacular win on a solid opening day for home hopes at Melbourne Park.

“I had no nerves going into the match. I was just happy that I could get off to a good start really.”

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
I followed this match yesterday and I was thinking he is so young and Starace cant lose and look what happened...
Everything is possible now in tennis.

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
A_Skywalker said:
Great...

Here is something nice I found live.

Andrei Pavel + 11.5 against Murray.
I cant see someone losing with so much even to Murray.

Pavel retired ..
Bet voided

okosh

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
A_Skywalker said:
I followed this match yesterday and I was thinking he is so young and Starace cant lose and look what happened...
Everything is possible now in tennis.

Now...how to make money from this??.....

We should look at his next match ;)

Tomic 3.55

Muller 1.28

Skill of course is needed but Melbourne crowds can give you a real lift and it's worth some points...
What do we know about Muller??....

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Muller is very good player. I wouldnt bet against him as he has a big big serve and I think he will beat the kid without problems.
He beat THe Davis Cup champion Feliciano Lopez yesterday.

Isnt this match tommorow ?

okosh

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Yes Wednesday....
I'll look later at the handicap betting for this one...

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Its almost 4 am here and I am planning to stay few more hours to chase $$

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
A moment of inspiration...
Yuan to beat S. Williams @50.0 10 eur

A_Skywalker

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
No, 10 eur on @50.0 odds
Australlian Open is the tournament where the surprises happen...

okosh

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
A_Skywalker said:
No, 10 eur on @50.0 odds
Australlian Open is the tournament where the surprises happen...

Also illegal for Aussies to bet online 'in play' :roll:
But I'm cheering for you :D