• Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. If you own a betting site you can advertise it in Betting picks or Personal Threads(But to post a link a user should have at least 3 posts)

Any advice on bullying in poker?

TonyG

Bettor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm suffering from a serious problem. I can go deep into a tournament more often than not but when I build a healthy stack I seem to lose it all when I try and apply a bit of pressure. Prime example being five minutes ago, bust a guy with roughly the same stack as me and I bolted up into second with a massive advantage over third (roughly 35,000 chips) and only 13 left in the tournament. I tried to bully the smaller stacks but this lead to me losing my stack and me ending up in 13th. Any advice on bullying would be a great help as it seems to be a major weakness of my game.

RayanM

Professional Bettor
Reaction score
Try playing some cash games at low levels. Try 6 seater to 10 seater games and always buy in for the max amount.

I suggest this because it seems as though you have a sound short to mid stack game but not a good big stack game.

As for "bullying" - It's really just an idea and not a strategy. You need a plan with 100-150 blinds which differs from short stack poker. Try having a read of Harrington on cash games for some ideas.